August 16, 2008

Mexico lindo y querido

Because this was going to be my last summer as a student I decided I had to enjoy it. It was the last time I would have the time to go for a month somewhere since in the future when I start working it will become really hard. So nothing better than spending a month in Mexico surrounded by some of my best friends. Last time I saw most of them was over a year ago, so I was really excited with the idea of meeting them again and spending some time together. The result, a great reunion I will never forget and the growth in strength of our friendship.
You can imagine in a month we had time to do plenty of things. A sort description of the itinerary we did (since I don't wanna bore you with details). First we went to Valle de Bravo, which is a very nice town in a lake where a lot of Mexicans go on vacations. After those relaxing days we went to visit both Kike and Magda's family. With them I tried the best Mexican food ever and experience the warm welcome of the Mexican people. After that it was time for some beach and partying, so we went to a place next to Cancun called Playa del Carmen. We stayed in a really nice all-inclusive hotel, pretty cheap by the way. We rented a car there and drove down and then all the way to Merida, where we took a flight back to Mexico City. Afterwards we stayed in Queretaro and the surroundings. And suddenly the time to go back home arrived without even realizing it.



Overall it was a great trip, but most important it was a great reunion. I couldn't thank Kike and Magda enough for all the orginizing and for being the best hosts ever. They showed us around and took care of us. I hope they can make it to Spain soon so that I can return the favour.


1 comment:

CASTIELLO said...

Nice Holidays Barcia!!!
Im jealous now... :(
But next year you should come with me to Benicassim, and enjoy the Music Festival!