April 19, 2009

Rito de Acero: La union de un pueblo

This is the title of a documentary a friend of mine realized. After a year and a half of hard work he saw his dream become a reality. So us, his friends, had to go to the premier and support him but also enjoy with him his success. We all stayed in a "rural house" in his village, La Seca, which is fifteen minutes from Tordesillas. It was not the first time we visited it, since we usually go every year over there to attend its festivals. We are members of a Peña called Tatocao in which we had good friends. Anyway, that's not the point of this post and I'm loosing focus here. The thing is that we spent an incredible weekend in La Seca.



Of course, the main event of the weekend was the premier of the documentary and it was a complete success. But we had way more fun the next day during the barbecue at my friend's place. His family organized it and lasted the whole day. Great fun! There was time for everything: eating, drinking, karaoke, dancing... When it got dark, we took some pretty big and nice speakers outside to the frontyard and created our very own disco. Some neighbors told us the next day that they could hear the music from the other side of the town, it was pretty sick.

But most important, it was a good excuse to visit my friend, who I don't see as often as I would like. And I believe this weekend they had some kind of party around there as well. I wish I could have gone but I couldn't make it. Have fun guys!!!!!

No comments: