June 11, 2009

Annyunghaseyo!

Hello my friends. I came back from South Korea about two weeks ago and I can tell you it was one of the best experiences of my life so far. I had to go there for work reasons, but saved some free days for discovering as well.



I had to give a one week training in a really rural and small town called Yeongyang. That's where the wind farm is located. And that's where I experience the real Korea. I tried really different food, ate sitting on the floor, became an expert in the use of chopsticks... but most importantly, met great people. Everyone working there was so welcoming and honest that you could not avoid falling for them. They treated me like I was someone important but always with this charm and closeness that made me feel at home. And that I truely appreciate.




The training was a complete success, and I was completely pleased with how it went. I believe people learnt, at least something. But I'm sure, some of the forty students there understood and enjoyed most of it. What I know for sure is that I enjoyed giving the training and that I had a great time with them. Although I was exhausted by the end of the week, after talking 8 hours for 5 days, non-stop.





When the training was over I went to Seoul for four days, so that I could visit the city before heading back to Spain. There, I met some Korean friends I made in Barcelona during the weekend we went to The Killers concert. We didn't know each other very well since we had only spoken for like ten minutes, but we soon got confident and had a great time. So basically, my days in Seoul consisted on sightseeing, going out and catching up with some friends. Well, and of course meeting new people, but that's out of the question, hehe.





Oh, I almost forgot. I know Julen and Mauro are gonna love this one. I went to the North Korea - South Korea border, sneaked into one of the infiltration tunnels the North koreans built... Isn't that exotic?


1 comment:

JULEN BAZTARRICA said...

Peeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrroooooooo!!!
Amazing experience, specially the one of the last paragraph! We've got to talk about it!

Abrazo

PS: I could not believe that you were the teacher in such a large class! Congrats!