July 30, 2009

Interesting readings for the summer

I want to share with you a couple of books I have recently read and which I found extremely interesting. Some of them are not that easy to read, but I can assure you you'll learn. Not only that, but they'll make you think, something really important in the world that we live in nowadays. So enjoy!

1. The Shackled Continent: Africa's past, present and future by Robert Guest

2. The End of Poverty: How we can make it happen in our lifetime by Jeffrey Sachs

3. The Bottom Billion: Why the poorest countries are failing and what can be done about it by Paul Collier

4. Common Wealth: Economics for a crowded planet by Jeffery Sachs

5. The White Man's Burden: Why the west's efforts to aid the rest have done so much ill and so little good by William Easterly

1 comment:

AATW said...

Amazing compendium of extraordinary books!!!

I'm still on my way to finish "The end of poverty..." :(

Hope you can apply your learnings...