September 05, 2009

Kiva

Well, I'm starting to like the new style my blog is getting. It started out mostly with posts about my trips but now I feel comfortable posting a whole lot of different stuff I find interesting. This doesn't mean I will stop writing about my adventures around the globe, after all, its my number one passion (traveling I mean, not writing). However, I like sharing ideas, sites, books, opinions... which I believe are worth spreading.

Now it's the time for Kiva, a website that allows you to make micro loans to entrepreneurs in impoverished countries. Each of them has his/her own profile you can check in which you can learn about what they want the money for and how much they need. You don't need to lend them the total amount, since they can rise the money from different lenders. Then, if everything goes well they'll pay you back gradually.

I think it's a great way of helping and an amazing opportunity to change the life of someone. The amount they usually need is not much, but just too high for them to have it. And it's a shame that because of the lack of start up financing they cannot break the poverty barrier and out of the poverty trap they are in.

So please, give it a try. I already did myself and found out that it works perfectly. Let's try make this world a better place for everyone!!


No comments: