March 23, 2010

Really interesting reading and a good idea

Quick post to let you know about a really nice book I've read lately. It's called The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind and tells the story of a young boy from Malawi who defying all his village disbelief successes in building a wind mill that generates electricity for his house. I loved it because it starts describing his childhood in Malawi, which was a pretty harsh one and then continues with the different stages of creating the wind mill, taking place during his youth. Plus, it's even more inspiring because William Kamkwamba (that's the guys name) is the same age us me and a lot of you.

The second item I wanted to share with you is a link to a web searcher that I recently got from a really good friend and who is getting more and more concerned into saving the planet. It's a good idea and worth a shot from my point of view. I will just let you judge and decide for yourselves.



No comments: