January 08, 2008

The world is so small

You won't believe what happened to me today. I mean, at first I didn't believe it either. Are you one of those people who think that the world is really small and that one way or another people meet again? well, I wasn't a true believer of this theory (if we can call it a theory) till today. Something incredible, even insane I would say, happened. Let me tell you the whole story.
I was coming out of my German class this morning on my way to another class I had. I stepped out of class into the hallway and started saying: "there's no way, there's no way". I was looking right at Taylor. You know, the tall salsa guy as many of you will know him. That's right, it was him. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Suddenly it was like being back at UVM again. So I went talk with him and ask him what the hell was he doing here. It turned out that he's gonna study the second semester (in Spain the second semester starts in mid-February) in Vigo, a city of Spain, and he is now taking a one-month Spanish course at my University.
So, who said the world is not small? I think that the Spanish saying is right, "the world is a handkerchief". This gives me hope and makes me realize that seeing people again is way more luckily to happen than I thought. I'm sorry to say it again, but I'm still so surprised about the coincidence. The world is amazingly small!!!

No comments: