January 16, 2008

Pretty busy around here

Hey guys! How are you doing these days? I'm sorry I haven't written in a while but I guess most of you might have figured out the reason. Well, yeah, you are right, exams are here and they've come to stay for some time, hehe. I start exams on the 23rd, which is...exactly! next week. So you can imagine how busy things are starting to get around here. And to the normal pressure we have to add the fact that after a year in the States I'm not really in my best studying shape. However, this year I'm not getting any nervous or anything. Usually a couple of weeks before exams I would be pretty worried about it all and feeling the pressure of having to study the whole semester in some days. But not this time. I have an exam next week and I'm calm even though I haven't studied much yet. I think this lack of worry is due to experience. Come on! it's my fifth and last year at university, so I guess it's ok not to feel worried anymore about all this shit. What really sucks is that exam period lasts about three weeks. And I'm one of those people who have exam the very first day till the last one. At least we will eat well that last day thanks to Rober (the "Sidreria" is a really good idea).
Well, and changing the topic I'm gonna talk a little bit about what I did this past Saturday. As I said in my last post, I met Taylor (from UVM) at university the other day. We've hanged out a couple of days and I've had the opportunity to meet some of the new international students. They seem really nice and I think I'm gonna get along with them pretty well this next semester. The point is that I went out with Taylor and some of the others on Saturday because they invited me over. And we had a great time first at Jenny's place, then at "Los Portales" and finally at "La Traca". I have to mention that the Americans except Taylor didn't last long. You know, they are not used to partying all night and get tired to early. But well, I really enjoyed it and I think so did Javier who finally got his chance to practice some English. I'm afraid this was the last weekend going out. Now it's study time!!!!


No comments: