April 08, 2008

Weekend in Madrid

After a long time saying I was gonna go to Madrid to visit Julen and Mauro I finally did it. I couldn't find a free weekend before. Either I had to work, to study, a basketball game or all of them at the same time. But this time I saw it clear. Everything was fitting perfectly. As you know I went to Switzerland during my Easter vacation (or Spring break if you're American) to visit some of my UVM friends and my flight was landing in Madrid on its way back. So I talked with both Julen and Mauro and they agreed on the dates. I hadn't seen them for over a year and was really excited.
I arrived at Madrid airport at around 8.30 in the morning and after saying goodbye to Eva I got in the subway to go to the city center where I was meeting Mauro. I wasn't gonna see Julen until late evening because he had to work all day. Yeah, you know, he has now become one of those businessmen without time for anything. But I have to admit he did a really big effort to get time to spend with me while I was there. Well, so Mauro, who also did a great job maintaining me entertained during the weekend, picked me up and took me to play a soccer game at his university. We had lunch in the university dinning hall and then walked the city. We went to almost every touristic spot in Madrid enjoying the really nice and warm weather. Before meeting Julen we crashed down in Mauro's place for a while since I was totally destroyed after the trip and all the walking. Julen couldn't go with us so Mauro and I went out on our own. The truth is that we had a great time first in Patatus, then in La Via Lactea and finally in Ocean (really weird but nice and cheap bar). In the last bar we went to we found a frisbee and we walked back home throwing it and inviting people to play with us. It was great fun!



On Saturday Julen and I woke up really late and went directly to have lunch with Mauro in an indian restaurant in the neighborhood of Lavapies. After walking around for a while we headed back to Julen's place where we had dinner. That night we went out to MalsaƱa area again. It was a funny night too and we ended up in a place called Sala Sol or something like that. Next morning I thanked Julen and Mauro for their great hospitality and went to the bus station where I was meeting Juan before taking the bus back to Pamplona. Juan is a friend of mine who is also working in Madrid and who I hadn't seen for a long time. Apparently he is really busy but doing well.
Julen, Mauro, it was a great weekend. I really wanted to meet you and see how you were doing in such a big city. I checked that you got used to it perfectly. Thank you for everything and you know, I'm here in Pamplona so you can come visit whenever you feel like it.

2 comments:

JULEN BAZTARRICA said...

OOOOOOOouuuuuuuuu YES!!! We finally got it!
It was a pleasure having you around. I do really want to keep being an "other type" friend...hahaha!
Hope to see you earlier next time :)

cadeer said...

Dear Alberto!

It was so gret to see u around! We really did have a great time... and great "borracheras" too.
So, u know, any time u wanna repeat the Madrid Experience, just tell me and I will be your guide again, and again...
See u soon. In Sweden maybe?
Agur!