November 30, 2008

Working life

Those of you who follow my posts already know that I started working as an intern in a company called Ingeteam placed in Pamplona. In order to become an engineer I need to fulfill a final project, and that's exactly what I'm doing there. I've already been working in Ingeteam for over a month and a half and everyday I feel more comfortable. Like the guy who works next to me told me, starts are always difficult, no matter what you start. I mean, it's not like super hard, but the truth is that the first time you have to deal with a proper job, you are kinda lost. You don't know anyone and you are not familiar with working procedures or habits. But hey, that's the reason why the invented internships, so that you could learn. Well, that and to get the job done for half the price. However, I can't complain about this, because in my case, they don't make me overwork. They let me work on my project and learn, which is great.
The truth is I would like to be doing more for the company, but since I'm not an engineer yet, the final project is the priority. Sometimes it can get pretty boring, but it's something we have to go thru. Anyway, the good news is that the atmosphere in the office is great. People are awesome and so friendly. As I said, it wasn't easy in the beginning, but now I feel like part of it all and get along with all of them.
Sorry for the lack of structure of this post, but you have to understand it's a Sunday in the Carpa's (biggest party at my University) weekend, so it's quite a lot that I'm even writing something here, unlike others (Anita, yeah, you are the one I'm referring to, lazy blogger). Oh, and talking about feeling comfortable at my workspace, they have organized a padel tournament called Ingepadel. Guess who's gonna win!!!

No comments: