November 14, 2007

"All around the world"

Like the Oasis song goes, "all around the world". You may already know by now that one of my passions is traveling. I love discovering new places and cultures. And till now, you can say I've done a pretty good job. I've been in many places in different trips done during the years. It all started with my first trip to the US when I was just 14 years old. I stayed with an american family for a month, you know, one of these summer exchanges people usually do. Well, after that I went somewhere every summer for a month and staying with a local family. I've traveled with different people each time, but there's two people I've gone with more often. The thing is that both of them, Julen and Mauro, share this passion. As Mauro wisely commented on the blog, I'll post something about almost each trip starting from the latest one. I'll add some pictures so that you can have an idea of how places look like and the kind of trip we did.
But this will have to wait for a while because as some of you may know, on Friday we have this great party at my university called Karpa. And of course, I'll post something about it and about what happened in it. For those of you who don't know what the hell I'm talking about, and I think it'll be most of you since few are from Pamplona, here's a short explanation: Third year students always go to a trip as a class to have fun and as part of a tradition well established in our uni. Well, in order to do that they need money so they organize this festival in which each major has a small bar. They raise the cash by selling drinks to people who go to it. And it lasts 22 hours or so. It starts early in the morning and ends early in the next morning. And the whole university goes there, even some professors attend (and a couple of them even get wasted, hehe. no, seriously, they do).
Well, I'm sorry if this was a bit long or boring. I know a lot of people won't give a shit about all that Karpa issue, but I just had to at least mention it. For those who are attending it, ENJOY IT!

No comments: