November 22, 2007

The Balkans tour

Now that I finally finished my project, I'm gonna write a short post about one of my trips. I could write page after page about this trip. Well, in fact we did in Julen's diary. But instead I'll just write a short description and let whoever wants to visit the Balkans discover them by him/herself.
It all started when I was in Patagonia, in that beautiful country named Argentina. After some days without internet, I manage to get a wireless connection and check my email. And there it was, some emails from Mauro and Julen inviting me to go with them to a Balkans trip in July. It took me like ten seconds to make up my mind and send them an email saying that they could count me in. But just going there didn't seem enough, so I suggested them to come spent couple of days before leaving at my place. I think they hesitated for like about another ten seconds. I mean, how are you gonna refuse an invitation to the world famous festivities of my marvelous city. Yeah, some might have already guessed I'm talking about the San Fermines in Pamplona.
So with a huge hangover and pretty tired after two days of partying we got on a train, then a taxi, then a plane, then a bus and so much more to finally get to that lovely place: the Balkans. We did a wonderful tour visiting every country in the area and not spending too much time in the really touristic and crowed places of Croatia. I loved all of them, but the one that surprised me the most was Bosnia i Herzegovina. I don't know, I think I just didn't expect it too be so gorgeous. We started in Italy and went to Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro (which I believe it was the youngest country in the world, just 1 year old) and Slovenia. There was time for everything. We visited the cities, got relaxed in the beaches, swam in the warm and clear waters and of course explored the nightlife.
I went on this trip with two amazing guys and friends. Sometimes we were like, what the fuck! we have been traveling together for a week and we hadn't argue at all about anything. So we'll just pretend to argue about some random thing. And we wrote a really interesting travel diary which by the way I still hadn't seen since then. I just wanna say: thank you guys!!
Well, in the end I didn't talk much about what we saw during the trip, but I believe this is much more interesting than reading about an itinerary. There's travel guides for that. And the anecdotes of the adventure are kept in the diary and maybe one day they'll be revealed.

No comments: