November 30, 2007

I love the internet

Isn't it great to talk with people who live thousand miles away? I really think it is. I don't quite know if it's just me or others also experience it, but there's a feeling I love. You know, when you're a bit down after a crappy day at uni, work or wherever and you get home. You start your laptop, without which you couldn't live and sign in to skype, messenger or the like. And, oh yeah! someone talks to you. You haven't talked to that person in a while and, at least me, after the chat I feel really excited. I usually even go clapping and cheering if the conversation deserved it. Sometimes it really makes my day. I mean, isn't it a great feeling you get. I don't know, it's just that I love knowing that those people are still there and care about you. And the fact that they don't live close to you makes the sporadic chats even more special. Well, and all this is possible thanks to the world wide web, created in Switzerland (at CERN, Geneva by Sir Tim Berners-Lee), despite what a lot of Americans might think.
I'm telling this because in the last weeks I've had the chance to talk with some of my dearest international friends. And god, it just feels so good! First it was Adrian, the crazy Swiss guy (with all my respects); then Helene with her lovely sense of humour; Anita, my little sister and most recently Anneke with whom I hadn't talked for so long.
So this short post goes for everyone who feels the same way I do. I wouldn't change that great excitement I get for anything.

No comments: