November 08, 2007

Missing the States

These days something is going on at my university. It's the period for students to apply if they wanna go study abroad next year. Everyone is considering their chances of being selected for a program, people are studying english for like the first time in years so that they can get a good grade in the language exam, etc. All this makes me remember my good times at UVM. Even more when younger friends of mine who wanna go to the US ask me about my stay there. Then all the memories come and I can't help to feel nostalgic. I get really excited telling them some of the adventures and stories that happened there. I could be talking for hours about what I did and the people I met. I made really good friends who I hope will last forever. Some of them I hope to see pretty soon and some others time will tell. But that's the great thing about internet. Just using Skype I can talk with some of those friends that live to far to go and visit. And if I don't meet them on Skype, I use another fabulous tool called Facebook. I discovered it in Vermont and I'm now addicted to it.
I wish I could be back at UVM now. Here it's like getting back to normal boring life. Although this year seems to be more interesting, nothing compared with last year. I miss skiing with that crazy Swiss guy and yelling: "Go Swiss go" like a madman. I also miss working at Bailey/Howe Library with Torsten and others, going out wiht the impredictible group of internationals, or the amazing trips we did. And of course, I miss my sweet roommates (and suitmates). Both mexicans but so different from each other.
Well, I think that's enough moaning. If there's something I learnt during my US adventure is that the importance of things is relevant, and what we have to focus on is enjoying the moment and the people we are with each time. So that's what I'm gonna do. Enjoy Pamplona and then go to Switzerland to meet my international folks during easter. And let's be optimistic, maybe I go do my Final Project abroad next year. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best luck for tomorrow exam, I´m sure you´ll do it perfect and you will be in Sweden next year!

Ok, so in Pamplona only boring things to do, boring people ehmm, ok ok ok fuck you!! LOL!

anita said...

Amen. (-: