December 26, 2007

First days of skiing

Yeah, ski season is here at last! After spending last year in Vermont I got used to skiing three days a week or so. But here things are different. It's way more expensive and the mountains aren't that close. So here you need to get the most out of every time you go hit the slopes. And that's exactly what I did this past weekend. I really wanted to go skiing because I had been without doing it for so long.
I went with my brother and a couple of friends and skied for a couple of days. The weather was wonderful, all sunny and not particularly cold. And well, there was a fair amount of snow. I mean, it wasn't at full capacity but most of the runs were open. Besides, there were few people so we didn't have to wait in any line, making it really worth it.
But I realized it wasn't as skiing in Vermont. I missed a lot of things but in special the people I used to go with. I really missed driving up to the ski resort with Adrian in his green Subaru and then yelling at him in the pistes. Also Anita talking about snowboard and how wonderful Burton is (which by the way is from Burlington), Helene with her cute hat or Torsten getting down fast as hell. Yeah, I have to say I missed the conversations we used to have on the lift while getting frozen in the Vermont cold weather, usually discussing what was for dinner in the famous Harris/Millis.
I have to say I love it. There's few things funnier than going skiing with your friends. There's always a lot of laughing involved. Hopefully I will manage to go again a couple of times more this season. Although it's not easy considering the money it costs and the few free time I have this semester. Last thing: try it and go hit the slopes!!!!!!!


No comments: