March 16, 2008

Licenciatura

So this Saturday was a day of celebration for me and my classmates. It was our day. We were celebrating our graduation. I don't say we were graduating because we haven't achieved that yet. Some might not even graduate in the next two years. But it didn't matter at all. The point of the whole thing was to have a great time all of us together. The day also had its serious part in the morning with the graduation "ritual", and then it got crazy. But lets start from the beginning.
Eleven o'clock in the morning. I'm meeting Gartxen and some others at the health studies building of my university. Yeah, I know I'm not a health student, but that's just the place the ceremony was going to take place. It didn't start until noon, but we were supposed to prepare and arrange everything so that nothing went wrong. And well, in the end nothing did. I don't want to bore you with the details of the ceremony, just mention that the room was packed with relatives excited about us getting some non-official diplomas. Mario and Bea, two of my classmates performed a pretty funny speech which of course included teasing some of the professor, but always respecting them.



After having lunch, each one of us with his/her family, we all met in a bar in the old part of the city that we had booked. You should have seen us, all suited up with ties and everything in the bar. But the best part was that two bands from our class played at the bar. One of them is already relatively consolidated, meaning it wasn't their first gig. Whereas, for the other band it was their debut. They had warned us in advance: "we don't know if it's gonna sound well, but we can assure you it's gonna be an spectacle". And hell it was! We had a great time with them.



So without even noticing it was dinner time. It was in fact Spanish dinner time, because we appeared at the restaurant at 22.30. This time there was no food fight, probably due to the fact that we were all wearing nice clothes. I have to admit the food wasn't delicious at all, but at least I got full and put some food in my stomach to survive all the drinking done and still to go. The disco was part of the same restaurant so we didn't have to go far. We invited three professor to have dinner with us. One of them, Antonio, who had been in the morning as well left right after dinner. But the other two stayed a little longer with us. Gurutze and David, the professors are great. David even shared with us some joints. Can you believe it? That guy you respect from class who is supposed to be all serious and so turns out to be a pothead. Well, not that much, but almost.



Anyway, the night went on and the fun did as well. It was one of those nights you get lost the whole time, then find some of the people you were with but all of a sudden get lost again. You know what I mean, don't you? Well, yesterday it wasn't difficult to find my classmates since we were all wearing suits. So when the night was over, around 6 in the morning, we took a bus home. We had to wait for a while because the previous bus was completely full. In fact there was a fight to get in and some people got punched. Don't worry, I wasn't involved. You know me, I'm not the fighting kind of guy. Instead of going directly home, some of us went have breakfast before. Of course, it consisted of Spanish omelet, hehe.


No comments: