April 30, 2008

Today, not such a good day

So it's been a while since the last time I wrote something here. Well, at least I do not feel as bad since I have noticed that my friends, I'm not going to give any names here but they know, update their blogs even less. Anyway, I guess you might be wondering why the title of this post is so not optimistic. The thing is that today has been the breaking point for me. The whole academic year I have been trying to go abroad next fall by any means. So today was my last shot. After applying to the erasmus program through my university, on my own to the Swedish masters, and finally to the special edition of the erasmus program with all the left-overs, I've been told I ain't going nowhere. I somehow knew it from the beginning, but always thought there was at least a small chance. So even though I sensed it, it wasn't real yet and I had that little hope lasting. But today, today it has just slapped me in the face. The fact that next year, and probably more to come, I'm gonna be stuck in Pamplona is something I didn't fancy. Anyway, I guess the sooner I get used to the fact the better. I just need a slight change of mentality and a change on how I pictured my future too.

No comments: